So what the heck is The Hello Cup? Times have changed and people with periods want options that are better for their bodies and the environment. The Hello Cup is a complete game-changer when it comes to periods. Designed in New Zealand, and made right here in HB they are the ‘bloody brilliant’ menstrual cups everyone is talking about.
We feel strongly that, when it comes to your vjayjay, you only want to put trustworthy stuff up there (sound advice from our grandmothers). Not all cups are equal. The Hello Cup is in a league of its own. We get it, you’ve been using tampons for years without problems so why should you change?
- Medical-grade: made from the highest quality TPE (thermoplastic elastomer) which is hypoallergenic and recyclable.
- No Nasties: contains no BPAs, heavy metals, rubber, latex or silicone. Colours used are certified food grade and have the tick to comply with EU and FDA standards.
- Mother nature will love you: reusable for at least 5 years. (Did you know that around
45 billion tonne of single-use period products end up in landfills and waterways around
the globe each year? Urgh).
- Comfy: just like a slipper for your vagina, Hello Cups are designed to be smooth and comfortable. As an added bonus, they won’t dry you out either, like those nasty white things with strings.
- Dance like a disco queen: forget soggy tampons ruining your athletic prowess, Hello Cups will stand up to vigorous movement, swimming and for those who prefer to make like a sloth and sleep, they are great for that too.
What’s the difference between a Menstrual Disc and a Menstrual Cup?
Choosing between a Hello Cup and Hello Disc comes down to personal preference! Some of the Hello gang use both interchangeably. Watch the video below to help you decide what's best for you.